mercredi 2 janvier 2013

Culture shock

Bonjour tout le monde!

Justin posted his first blog post, so here's my turn. Unlike Justin, I am suffering from horrible culture shock (we are sharing in the jet lag, though). This basically means I'm homesick but much worse because I feel like I cannot communicate with the people around me. In a few days, this will go away, but it makes the first few days of this adventure incredibly difficult (I cry. A lot. I know my family will be so shocked by this.)

The apartment is very small, but still quite large by European standards. Two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room...all shared with a large black kitty cat that is incredibly obnoxious at night. I'm a dog person, officially. We had coffee this morning (bad French coffee, still better than most American coffees. Lol!), and today we are exploring the city. I'm itching to get to Paris (first and foremost being that I really need to go by the Apple store for my Mac baby. She doesn't want to charge.)

Catherine mentioned an open air market by the river every Saturday morning. Justin and I are really excited about that. We're foodies. We like food, and with me being on the vegetarian side, I can't wait to see what Orleans has in the way of local produce. Pictures to come today as well. The city is beautiful...

Au revoir!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire